ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emissions and EML light

Nimbus Clio 197
My car has just passed its MOT, but the guy said it was really borderline on the emissions, and I don't know if its a coincidence but the engine management light came on yesterday. There's no difference in the way the car performs at all. I'm thinking maybe the cat is on its way out? Anyone experience anything similar?

Moogun B95
I dont think you can guess at it, oil, plugs, air filter all effect emissions as does o2 sensors, air flow sensors.. blah blah, the list goes on. Really needs a diag! (preferrably on CLIP, as snapon, launch etc really dont do well on Renault cars)

If its a 1.6 16v with a siemens ecu, make sure it has resisted spark plugs, as this was an issue on earlier models and holding the rpm at about 3000 used to flash the lights all over the dash in scenics.. not sure if the clio was the same. Im thinking your setup will be sirius32 or 34.. so might not be as badly effected.

..the advice is diagnostic code read (DTC scan) ;-)