ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emissions Light and Miss-Fire When Cold

Clio 182ff
Hi, im after a little help. :)

The emissions light has come on on my 182 and sometimes when cold (not all. most of the time its fine) i get what seems to be a miss fire which clears as soon as the car walms up a little. car drives fine once walmed up.

Ive just had a full service and mot and the car passed the emmisions even though the light was on. The garage reset the light but it came back on after a few miles.

I was hoping the service would clear the problem as it was over due but unfortunately it hasnt.

Any idea on what it could be?

I have got a slight leak on the centre section of the exhaust (from a weld on the silencer), would this cause the problem?

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Caterham 270R
This may sound silly but did they change the plugs on the service ??

I had a Missfire/Judder on my 182 from cold which only lasted a matter of minutes changed the plugs and it went. ??

Probably no help atall........

Clio 172 Cup
Ive had this fault on a previous mg zr, it was the spark plugs. Changed them and the fault never came back.

Clio 182ff
Yeah, the plugs where changed, i thought thats what the problem was going to be myself but no such luck!

Clio 182ff
yeah,

But i would have thought i would have a constant miss if the coil pack had gone? or is that not the case? (im not really mechanical minded)