ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

emissions light is now off with new plugs..

Clio 182
Hi,

My car was mis-firing because of a knackered spark plug - so I changed all of the plugs, which sorted the problem out.. however, it has also made my emissions light stop coming on (I've got a decatted pipe)

Does this mean the car might pass an MOT without the cat as its obviously burning better with the new plugs (so to speak)

I was going to take it for its MOT a month early just to see if it will pass, and give me time to sort it if it doesn't - but out of interest, is the emissions light anything to do with MOT pass figures for emissions?

edit: the light itself still works - as it flashes on when the ignition is turned on, at first i thought it must have died as it was quite faded already!

nick

Trophy #267
From reading on here in past posts - sometimes. It must be close to the threshold with a decat hense some ppl reporting no light on dash and others saying ti does. A similar response with MOT results iirc. Also depends if the MOT'er see the decat and is happy to pass it in knowledge that is the reason for the results. Bit of pot luck but i guess no harm can be got from trying a month early...