ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

emissions light

RenaultSport clio 182 CUP
the emissions light on on my 182 comes on every month for about a week! Usually after a severe ragging then i freak out and drive like a pensioner for a while a it goes out! Do you guys know if its doing any harm? cause im to lazy to take it to the garage!:cool:

Yaris Hybrid
Mine did the opposite. If I did lots of short journeys it would come on. The cure was to take out for a few long drives and get it really warmed up and spanked. Then it would go out. Since then I avoided short journeys by taking my car out for a long drive if I just drove a mile to the pub or moved it off my drive to wash it and the light hasn't come on since.

TDI tyre shreader
mine has never been on for the 20 odd thousand miles that i have been tanking around in my car, then....

Driving up the M6 at about 70mph for around 40min mine popped on have no idea why as i have never seen it before, i fitted a sports cat to it around 1 year ago but have never had it on before.

Does anyone have an idea?

Chocolate Bar™
i know my light comes on randomly. perhaps 3weeks or so after i have it removed. garage have proved that the sports cat doesnt cause the light to come on as the readings are acceptable. so only thing i can think of is it reading a weird abnormality i.e. a missfire or something. as it tends to come on after a bit of a rag on bumpy roads :S