ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emissions Warning Light

Clio Cup 200
If you were to have a de-cat exhaust, what would be the options available to remove the emissions warning light?
Would a re-map solve the problem?

renault clio 1.4 16v
could also get a mini cat, basically a little socket looking thing that fools the sensor into thinking the cat is still there... this is much cheaper than a re map

Clio Cup 200
I don't actually have the car yet, I'm picking it up on Saturday. I looked around the car last weekend and noticed that there was an emissions warning light on the dash. The owner said it was because the exhaust had been decatted and also replaced for a stainless steel one, including the manifold. It doesn't have sensors either, no need for them I suppose.
I've been reading on the forums that you can get an RS tuner and upload a Ron98 map to the ECU and this should get rid of the warning. Although I'm probably better off getting a custom map.