ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EML on 172

Monaco 172
Morning chaps,

Early birthday present from my Clio last night.. Drove home from band rehearsals last night reversed onto the drive to unload my drums all fine, Start it up to turn it around and the EML was on (the light just right of the 160mph marker) so I turned the car off, left it for a minute and fired it back up and it was still on. And was still on this morning on my way to work. It was definately NOT on before i stopped to unload the car last night.

It doesnt appear to be driving any differently, I have noticed of late that the exhaust sounds a bit blowy from under the car - Its fitted with a prospeed cat back with cat still in place. And the only other thing is, I think that my current tank of fuel has dissapeared quicker than previous tanks, I did put Tesco momentum in this time instead of Shell but it could be a coincidence i dont know..

Any educated guesses guys?

Cheers
Dave

Monaco 172
Right-o, update.

Plugged it in at lunch an we have - P0443 Evaporative emission system purge control valve circuit.
I've switched the light off and i'll have a look for broken wires and clean the pipes out as i've read after searching the fault code on here.

Dave

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
dave i have same fault code and was told by renault its the carbon cannister by drivers headlight,they told me it can affect running others have said no it doesnt

Monaco 172
dave i have same fault code and was told by renault its the carbon cannister by drivers headlight,they told me it can affect running others have said no it doesnt

It hasnt effected the running of mine, Although I drove very sedately when I saw the light was on as to not cause any further potential damage. Thanks for the link, I'll have a poke around on Saturday afternoon and see if there's any obvious wiring issues if not i'll look for a replacement part.

Dave

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
im not sure it effects running but mine feels lean and i ve changed most things has the boys scanned and picked up anything else

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
hi i spoke to renault cardiff about this and they told me they have changed a few on the clios

Monaco 172
hi i spoke to renault cardiff about this and they told me they have changed a few on the clios

I spoke to Mike at Rentech Portsmouth and my mates cousin used to work for Ktec and they both said it wont be the Evap unit, It'll be the rear oxygen sensor, so I've ordered a Bosch sensor (they both said only use Bosch) for monday. We'll see what happens!!

Dave.

Monaco 172
You need a bluetooth code reader to check it out dude

I work for Mercedes Benz so i'll pop our code reader on it, But if it the same fault was still present it would illuminate the light again wouldnt it? Because I switched the EML off twice whilst I waited for the sensor to show up and the second I drove it the EML would pop on immediately, so I have no reason to believe the fault would now be stored but not illuminating the EML.