ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EML Warranty repair.

Hi folks,

My car is currently back at the garage I bought it from because the EML has come on, the car seems to run as normal I can't feel any difference and it sounds healthy enough. The garage are telling me it's because I have a decat, however the car was decatted before I bought it and it has a lamba spacer fitted, the EML hasn't been on once in the time i've owned the car so if its the decat why suddenly now? It doesn't flash it stays on constantly.

I don't want to be fobbed off but at the same time I don't want to keep taking the car in if theres no actual problem with it.

Cheers.

mk1 Octavia VRS
What car?

Presuming they've read the codes and that's pointing to the EML being on because of the decat.

What do you want them to do? Fit a cat or leave the decat in place?

Its a 182, I want the decat left in place, it just seems strange to me for the EML to come on months after a decat was fitted by the previous owner.

The garage reset it but it's come back on,I have a spacer fitted to the decat pipe so it's still a worry that it's randomly come on.