ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Bay Colour Coding

FF Black 182 + Cup Packs
Hi All,

Ive read some threads on here showing pics of some great engine bays. mine is standard at the mo with the exception of an IK and Blue Hoses.
I want to colour code my whole engine bay in the same sort of blue but have no idea on how to do it!
does anyone have any tips and or some pics of your engine bays(in blue if possible) would be great.

Cheers

VRS
mine:
enginemount001.jpg

to go on:
enginecover.gif

andy

FF Black 182 + Cup Packs
That cover looks the dogs! really nice mate.
I prob sound really stupid, but how do you go about doing that?

Chocolate Bar™
mine:
enginemount001.jpg

to go on:
enginecover.gif

andy

Fantastic!!!!!!!! I want! you also have the renault badge on the front painted in yellow too. did you do it all yourself? and how?

andy just throws me the bits and tells me to sort them when i can, then i spray them for him.

he's got two yellow renault badges he can fit on the front. one broom yellow, the other liquid yellow depending on his mood lmao :approve:

CIMG1262.jpg

heres mine - engine cover is colour coded, chrome strut top caps, chromed engine hoist eye, stainless battery cover, Bailey polished header tank, Hill Power Air filter, Hill Power Blue Silicon 90degree bend, Blue Apiro Wire covers, Chrome 'look' fuse box cover, Highly Polished Plenham and Fuel Rail Guard, Polished Engine cover screws
I think thats everything - oh and a choice selection of stickers
CIMG1260.jpg

too much! lol -
engine cover is colour coded - £80
chrome strut top caps - £25
chromed engine hoist eye - £25
stainless battery cover - £20 (although getting a better one made)
Bailey polished header tank £110
Hill Power Air filter £200
Hill Power Blue Silicon 90degree bend £50
Blue Apiro Wire covers £20
Chrome 'look' fuse box cover - £15
Highly Polished Plenham and Fuel Rail Guard - £100

All prices are approx as cant remember exact.

Car SOLD :-(
Timsclio172 - looks great. Is it not a pain to keep the inlet chamber shiney? Or has it got a heat resistant laquer on it?

FF Black 182 + Cup Packs
So how easy is it to paint the engine/cover? is there somewhere that sales these rather than me doing it myself(how lazy is that)

stays shiny pretty well without any protection - occasional dose of metal polish and all blemishes disappear again. Usually give it a quick wipe with a damp chamoix leather and all is good - havent polished it for a few months now and still looks that shiny

Hill Power do them - they did mine - also one of the lads on here will do it for you what ever colour you like - pm him - his user name is Middo

they are exactly the same lol! the only difference in your 182 to my 172 engine wise is you have a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold - everything hill power sells for a 172 he sells for a 182 too - website just needs updating

laguna coupe
CIMG1262.jpg

heres mine - engine cover is colour coded, chrome strut top caps, chromed engine hoist eye, stainless battery cover, Bailey polished header tank, Hill Power Air filter, Hill Power Blue Silicon 90degree bend, Blue Apiro Wire covers, Chrome 'look' fuse box cover, Highly Polished Plenham and Fuel Rail Guard, Polished Engine cover screws
I think thats everything - oh and a choice selection of stickers
CIMG1260.jpg
where did you get all the chrome bits from like the lift eye and suspension struts