ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine bay detail..

Planning on doing mine sometime this week, what do I need to cover up or avoid getting product/water on?

Mk1 1.4 btw..

Monaco Blue Mk2
To be honest it should all be fine, but i covered in tin foil (just to be on safe side), everything electrical (the connectors), alternator, fuse box, aux belt, spark plugs etc. just use common sense, try not to spray too much directly at anything.

106 GTi
Cover anything electrical and vunerable, Exposed open filters, make sure water does not get into spark plug holes, electrical connections etc.

Work in small areas at a time, didvide the engine bay into smaller areasd and sections and so a little bit at a time. Use as little as water as you can get away with to remove the degreaser. Agitate the degreaser with a brush to help it do it's thing.

The AG engine and machine cleaner and AG Vinyl and Rubber method works well. I prefer to dry the majority of the water with old terry towels rather than just spary on the V&R while it is wet and let it dry.

106 GTi
It can be, but it wont shift much grime, get carried away with to much water and your car wont start!