ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine conversion!

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Hey guys im thinkin when I get back off my hols im savin up to put a 2.0L 172 engine in my clio. Im not bothered how much it will cost I just want something to do with the car,has anyone on here had it done?Also how much did it cost you/them?please get back cheers Adam :D

172 cup'd extreme
i've done it i did all the work myself it cost me about 3.5 grand including all the performace mods i added. the price 172's are going for now its just not worth it and insurance is b**ch, but if you want a unique car or sleeper then go for it, make sure you have plenty of cash for when things go wrong

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
yh just buy a 172 mk1 no? then debadge and de-sport it he he
also get some black steel rims!

80MPG BEEZA
i've done the conversion all in all cost me aboue 3.5k once the gbox decided to lock up but yea as 16vjon says if u want a unique car then go for it unless it isnt worth it, but you'll never have the feeling of someone pull beside you and think ehh the tadger only has a 1.2 and then you leave them standing and there like holy crap!

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Hey guys thanks for the replies.So all in all is it really worth it or not?I got some positives and some negatives!So which outweighs the other,HELP ME!!

A Euro'd one...
Its got to be a decision thats right for you. Personally Im considering doing this to my 1.2 as I love the car and dont really want to sell but I crave more power from it.

As long as you can justify the conversion to yourself then why not?

PS sorry for thread jacking but does anyone know any good garages around London/Essex that can carry out the conversion to a good standard?

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
$torm Rider said:
Its got to be a decision thats right for you. Personally Im considering doing this to my 1.2 as I love the car and dont really want to sell but I crave more power from it.

As long as you can justify the conversion to yourself then why not?

PS sorry for thread jacking but does anyone know any good garages around London/Essex that can carry out the conversion to a good standard?
bbpt?colcester? www.bbperfprmancetuning.com 01376342277 or 01787221856
also sorry should of pm :quiet:

172 cup'd extreme
if you going to pay for it to be done plus all the parts needed you may as well get a phase 1 172 for the same money