ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine cover cleaner? 172.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Evening all.:D

Quick Q. What can I use on my 172 engine cover to clean it up a bit. Theres some yellowy staining on it round the oil filler cap/cover. Haven't really got any de-greaser at mo.

Any recommendations?

Cheers, James

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just had a quick clean of mine, how about some meths (however you spell it)

106 GTi
Autoglym Engine and Machine cleaner, scrub with some car shampoo and apply some Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care will look as good as new.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Rich said:
Autoglym Engine and Machine cleaner, scrub with some car shampoo and apply some Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care will look as good as new.

This ok to use on the plastic cover then Rich? You know, the bit that Cups dont have? Around the Renaultsport and 2.0l 16V badging.

If so I'll buy some for the weekend.

106 GTi
Yeap all of that is safe on the engine cover, worth taking it off to give it a proper clean though.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Nice one Rich;)

Will give it a go. Have followed yr advice on the back of other peoples threads and haven't gone wrong yet.

Had my first claying session yesterday. Smooth as glass [smoother in fact!] after a good coat of AG SRP and the EGP! That was on the missus's T reg Micra [Red]

I SRP'd and EGP'd the 172 in July, wouldn't mind claying that now I've seen the results. How soon after a good polish/wax can I do it? Its not desperate.

James

106 GTi
You can clay whenever you like, you just will need to re do the SRP and EGP as it will remove them.