ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine cover

Car  1.8 Civic EX
ok so the clip on the engine cover of my new 172 is busted. The bit that you lift to get to the oil filler cap.

anyone got a fix for it? or will i need a new one? can I just a get a new "flap" or will I need a whole new engine cover?
 
Prob a good move by getting a whole new one, for a fresh look. Surely they won't cost too much either? Correct me if Im wrong tho :S
 
Well as I'd only just got the car I was just seeing how it all comes about as was thinking about colour coding so I gave it a little tug and it broke so didn't bother with the rest of the cover incase somehow I managed to break that too haha! (point being that i don't want a new one as I'll probabaly spray it...)
 
If you've still got the metal clip you could try some epoxy resin . You can buy the oil filler cover separate .

I always take the engine cover off before it goes for a service so they dont try and force it off and break it .
 
Well as I'd only just got the car I was just seeing how it all comes about as was thinking about colour coding so I gave it a little tug and it broke so didn't bother with the rest of the cover incase somehow I managed to break that too haha! (point being that i don't want a new one as I'll probabaly spray it...)

Ah ok, try fix the bugger, THAT YOU BROKE! lol :rasp:

Colour coding them is cool, do it
 
If you've still got the metal clip you could try some epoxy resin . You can buy the oil filler cover separate .

I always take the engine cover off before it goes for a service so they dont try and force it off and break it .


haha no chance that pinged off and dissapeared for ever!

don't suppose you know the part number for the cover on it's own?
 
Well as I'd only just got the car I was just seeing how it all comes about as was thinking about colour coding so I gave it a little tug and it broke so didn't bother with the rest of the cover incase somehow I managed to break that too haha! (point being that i don't want a new one as I'll probabaly spray it...)

Ah ok, try fix the bugger, THAT YOU BROKE! lol :rasp:

Colour coding them is cool, do it


haha alright no need to rub it in...I'm a mk2 newbie!, maybe I'll get a whole new one and practise my spraying technique on the old one...
 
Ah ok, try fix the bugger, THAT YOU BROKE! lol :rasp:

Colour coding them is cool, do it


haha alright no need to rub it in...I'm a mk2 newbie!, maybe I'll get a whole new one and practise my spraying technique on the old one...

lol sorry. yeah that's your best bet tbh, could try diff colours on sections of the old one see what comes out best and choose the best for the new one
 
I'll give renault a quick call tomorrow...no doubt it will be silly money and I won't bother...just wait till some one sell's thiers on here cos I'm a cheap arse! haha
 
I'll give renault a quick call tomorrow...no doubt it will be silly money and I won't bother...just wait till some one sell's thiers on here cos I'm a cheap arse! haha

lol fair enough mate! give ebay a look too, worth a go. :)
 
I seem to remember there being a place that will do a swap, you give them yours and you get a colour coded one back at a cost... I think its Hill Power but I could be wrong.
 
stealer it is! although I'll probably go a break the new one too! still...£12...can't complain with that really! cheers guys!
 
just went to renault in my lunch break.....30 friggin' quid they want for that little bit of plastic!! Might just glue it back in and remove the whole thing when I need to top up the oil haha...
 
just went to renault in my lunch break.....30 friggin' quid they want for that little bit of plastic!! Might just glue it back in and remove the whole thing when I need to top up the oil haha...

I was going to suggest that....piece of piss to remove anyway.

I always take the whole cover off whan I take my car to a garage to avoid that part being broken.
 
Can anyone check the part number for the cover that goes into the 1.4 16v engine? It's a 2006 Clio (old one)...our Renault dealer is useless, so useless that they won't even tell us the part number from the 1.6 16v Scenic cover :S

Thanks peeps =)
 
Back
Top