ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Dynamics Turbo Kit

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
The 230 conversion is an awesome piece of kit and the customer service that both Andy's at ED offer is superb. So far i've done around 6k miles as the car is my daily and I haven't had any issues with the conversion. In the end my car made 230bhp/235lb-ft, excellent figures for an old car on 104k miles with ok-ish service history.

The kit is excellent value for money and looks the part too. What really stands out though is the customer service they offer. They're always on hand to talk should you have any questions or problems even months after you've had the conversion done. You're in safe hands if you go with them.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Depends how you define quick really. The only real comparisons I have is that my Cup is roughly around the same bhp per ton as a 135i going off of figures they quote online and sort of works out as it will quite happily pull away from my friends S3 (265 bhp version, 2012 model).

Also managed to hit 110 along Brabham Straight at Brands Hatch numerous times despite getting a crap exit out of Clearways and getting back on the brakes very early too. I have no idea if that's good or bad though 😂

ZSCLIO

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
Thanks for confirming my decision guys! Ive been in contact with them and their service has been absolutely incredible but I'm based in South Africa so once the decision is made its very hard to take back. Turbo 182 on the way for me! Will post a project thread next week.

Thanks for confirming my decision guys! Ive been in contact with them and their service has been absolutely incredible but I'm based in South Africa so once the decision is made its very hard to take back. Turbo 182 on the way for me! Will post a project thread next week.

Engine Dynamics conversions seem to be the most reliable from the feedback on them I've seen. I'm probably going ITBs (just for the noise) but would go to ED if I want to go turbo in future.

PH2 172
like any car if you ask it to spin it will
Might work better with a JC5-128.
gearboxratio_zpsfa75d64d.jpg

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
I've just had his conversion done and I love it!! I had the uprated clutch put in for piece of mind though, I'd rather pay out for that than my oe one crapout after a few hundred miles.

cup 182
I've just had his conversion done and I love it!! I had the uprated clutch put in for piece of mind though, I'd rather pay out for that than my oe one crapout after a few hundred miles.
What's your estimate with the 0-60, 0-100 time?
What was your mileage when you had the convo done?

cup 182
Mileage was approx 85001 miles and tbh I haven't a clue of times... All I know it's a hell of a lot faster than it was before.
Sounds good, mines has just hit 100k but think it will be ok
Does your exhaust pop at all now with the conversion?

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Not really tbh, It pops the odd bang when I launch hard but not on overrun or anything like that. I run a 2.5" stainless unresinated with a high flow sport cat just for info.

cup 182
Not really tbh, It pops the odd bang when I launch hard but not on overrun or anything like that. I run a 2.5" stainless unresinated with a high flow sport cat just for info.
I thought it would have popped nice being turbocharged
I think Clio RS sound very flat with no real sporty tone for some reason

172 Turbo
Mine does random bangs too, 30 mph cruising -> Bang.

70mph on the motorway last week, so loud, I actually jumped!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
I thought it would have popped nice being turbocharged
I think Clio RS sound very flat with no real sporty tone for some reason
I like the tone of my system, not too booming and a nice note when I put my foot down.

Mine does random bangs too, 30 mph cruising -> Bang.

70mph on the motorway last week, so loud, I actually jumped!
It's only popped/banged a couple of times but I've not really driven it in anger yet, do you run a decat?