ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine exchange...whats needed apart from engine?

Renault Clio 172 cup
Ok my brother has a 51 plate 172 normal, non cup. Its fine except for the engine ( very noisy dephaser, and it now looks like a knackered gearbox ).
I have the remains of my old cup and about the only good thing about it is the engine ( all fine ,had belt and dephaser done about 9 months ago by Mike Woodford ).

If I want to put the good cup lump in my brothers car, do I need anything else off of my cup apart from the actual engine, i.e ecu? uch? etc or is it just a physical swap of the actual lump, connect it all back up and you're good to go?

Has a look in the guides ( I know there is a removal guide but it doesnt expand further than the actual removal process ) and did a search but couldnt find anything definite.

Any info appreciated.

Evo
If your simply changing the actual lump and just plugging it all up it should be fine as no mechanical item can be programmed to a certain car, assuming that engine is of same spec.

Renault Clio 172 cup
Cheers thats what I was hoping to hear, its just a metal-metal lump exchange, plug everything back in and it should all work....Ta

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yep, nothing else needed, straight in, swap the ancilleries over obviously but I am sure you spotted his has aircon and yours didnt etc, lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah unless when it comes apart it looks mint a 100 quid clutch would be money well spent as its literally 2 mins work to do when the engine isnt yet on the box.

Renault Clio 172 cup
Cheers for the advice, will have to see how much my tight arse brother wants to spend on it. But doing clutch while its out is a logical idea.