ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine fan not operating

Clio sport cup
So I have a 2009 Clio sport cup 200, the engine fan is inoperable, I have checked fuses, tested the coolant temp sensor and changed it thinking it was faulty but it still doesn’t operate, the fan works as it comes on when I turn the aircon on and when I unplugged the coolant temp sensor, I have also changed the air temp solenoid on the bottom of the fan and it still doesn’t work. I’m now at a loss of what it can be ! Can anyone please help.

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
As you've changed everything it's propably the wires. Have you checked the actual wires for continuity. I know that the 197 which is very similar to 200 has an issue with one of the cooling circuit wires which gets water ingress, oxidizes and then just rusts away. Have a feel around the cooling circuit wires and you will probably feel a bulge on the wire , pull the rubber protection out the way and it will just crumble in your hand .

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Clio sport cup
Cheers that was my next stop after I plug it into the machine. However after reading a previous thread I believe this may be a ghost problem and simply put the engine just isn’t getting hot enough. I believe the fan kicks in around 98 degrees c and the centre of the gauge is 90 so therefore it isn’t getting hot enough. But hopefully by the end of the week I will know either way what’s up with it. Hopefully ?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Yeah I think they had to sit and idle for a fair while before it'll kick in

You got access to a code reader that will display live data?

Clio sport cup
I do indeed so we are doing that tomorrow. If no hot from that we will check wiring and hopefully between those two things there is nothing more I can do.