ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine flooded?

is it f****d?

• Probably

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  MK2 PH2 Extreme 1.2
Just been to start it up and nothing :L Starter is turning the engine over and I can hear the fuel pump priming, also I've plugged in the OBD reader and there's no codes being thrown up so i'm assuming it's not the coils (though I haven't pulled the plugs). The only thing I can see from the data on the reader is it's showing an rpm (though a small one) when the engine's not running but I hear this is normal.

The only conclusion I can come to is that there's water in the cylinders, which is quite possible in this weather......

Could there be something else wrong? (2005 1.2 16v)

renault clio 1.4 16v
first check if you have spark... if yes then there may be a fuel problem... spray some starting fluid down the intake while swinging, if it starts and dies then you know you not getting fuel, or, the fuel you have is contaminated.

about revs showing when the engine is off, yes, for some reason this tends to read 200-250 rpm even when off, however do you get any change in rpm when cranking? All the other sensors should be showing on the diagnostics as well, map, cts, intake air temp, etc. if you are only seeing rpm then there may be a bad connection somewhere...

it would probably be worth going through all the connections on the sensors, relay box, fuses and earth straps and giving everything a clean, especially after a car has been sitting in wet weather for a while