ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine flush products?

Do they actually work or should I just use a decent synthetic oil and do a few flushes with that?

Pick my replacement engine up this week and it looks like it's been ran on non synthetic oil hence the heavy varnishing, it also has slight sludging but nothing to bad given it's on 150k miles.

Image-18.jpg
Image-19.jpg
Image-22.jpg
Image-21.jpg
Image-20.jpg

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I wouldn’t flush it.

Just get some halfrauds cheap fully synthetic oil in it and run it for 2k miles and then drop it again for new oil and filter again.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I’m sure my dad used to flush some diesel through his. Nutter.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Alot of the flush products have came a long way since years ago and there was the fear of fkuah getting into bearings and then preventing oil from getting in

I used to use forte treatments myself, moved ontl fueltone now and so has alot of other mechanics that I know who used to use forte

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Alot of the flush products have came a long way since years ago and there was the fear of fkuah getting into bearings and then preventing oil from getting in

I used to use forte treatments myself, moved ontl fueltone now and so has alot of other mechanics that I know who used to use forte
Why do all these additive sites read like snakeoil salesmen?
Nothing concrete, nothing checkable.....

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Im sure if they were as harmful or useless as everyone makes them out to be then nobody would use them and companies would collapse as quick as an unflushed engine :ROFLMAO:

Probably wasted £10 a year on worse things

Clio182
Why do all these additive sites read like snakeoil salesmen?
Nothing concrete, nothing checkable.....
It’s like taking a multi-vitamin: you do it every day believing it to improve your general health - but you’ll never know if NOT taking it would have left you less healthy!!!

Just going to use a 5w 30 to flush for 1k miles, then go to a 5w 50 for track days. Not going back to 15w 50 as I reckon it was to thick for cold starts.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
needs a tub of Forte banging in and running for a bit. Old man used to swear by it when he was running his garage.