ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Knocking Continued....

I have recently experienced the 182 engine knocking on my 182 after 4K motor as detailed in the very large 6 page thread i.e. knocking that occurs at low speed in 1st and 2nd when backing off the gas. Took the car in to my local Renault dealer and replicated the problem with the lad from the workshops all the time I was saying "it sounds like the top engine mount to me, what do you reckon?". Anyway, I left the car with them and gets a call from the today "your car is ready for collection, we modified the top struts (suspension), but that didnt cure the problem". WTF were they doing modifying the sus struts when the fault is clearly the top engine mount? What is the strut fix anyway, has anyone on here had it carried out? I am reluctant to let them loose on my car when they don’t really know what the problem is as I feel they may be changing things unnecessarily. The thing that annoys me is that the car has now got to be booked in again for a more detailed investigation to find the problem! I heard Renault in Chesterfield have cured this on someones car on here I might take it to there instead.

Coopski Out

Cup 172

the strut mod is common. They grind away a bit of the mounting point to stop the knocking on right handers which is very common.

However, they should also know about the engine mounts and do them. Take it back and tell them, its definately the offside top engine mount and that its a safety issue and you are not leaving till they check it...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

coopski - exactly the same as me m8 - the engine mount problem, that is. Ive noticed it more when the cars cold - maybe with heat expansion once the engine gets warm, its not as bad?

Its a really bad fault that I cant believe Reno has let go on. A recall should be on the cards IMO....

D.