ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine light - P0420

EthanMenace

ClioSport Club Member
  2010 Clio 200 Cup
So whilst going down the motorway I had an amber engine light pop up, I chucked in a cheap code reader which came up with the below:

F0301FD6-8671-4D07-938A-3592123B911D.jpeg

Am I right in thinking this is a Lamda sensor?
I've got a sports cat but that's been on the car a good few months now so I assume its a sensor that's gone?

Can anyone help me out on this?

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
P0420 is cat efficiency which usually indicates a failing catalytic converter

Clio 197
I get this code also, i had the rear O2 sensor replaced, and it came back, my mech thiks it might be a broken circuit as the CAT still looked good

EthanMenace

ClioSport Club Member
  2010 Clio 200 Cup
I get this code also, i had the rear O2 sensor replaced, and it came back, my mech thiks it might be a broken circuit as the CAT still looked good
I might just try replacing the sensor then and go from there, did you go for genuine?

EthanMenace

ClioSport Club Member
  2010 Clio 200 Cup
Sports cat might chuck the eml on. Clear the code and monitor
I’ve tried resetting it once and it came straight back, for the sake of £50 I’ll probably chuck a new sensor in and keep an eye on it, cheers

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
May also be worth checking euro car parts as they also stock bosh lambda or in fact most motor factors will stock bosh. If one has a deal on over a weekend that brings the price down then happy days.
£119.99 at ECP 😮 That's with their discount code. Normally they're pretty competitive, but not this time lol.
I don't think you'll find much cheaper than the one I posted a link too. And it's definitely genuine. I've been running one for about 5 months now. 😊