ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine light???

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
whilst driving home at 12:14 i noticed in the bottom right hand side of my clocks an engine light flashing on off, so i slowed down and put the hazards on to pull up, (allways do this if theres a problem so i can wip the old book out) but then noticed the light had gone out, looked it up and its something to do with the emissions, now it says consult your local renault dealer is it worth doing or not, i was driving very sensably 50 in a 50 n so forth so im not entirely sure why its come on, had a service about 3k ago no problems (place i take it is very reliable)

Anybody shead some light

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i gathered that! but should i just wait till it does it again as it only sujests consulting renault which i aint gonna do because id rather be raped than leave my car in there hands again

S4 Avant
If it's only the second lambda sensor, causing the light to come up, it's nothing to worry about. I run without the second sensor completely

clio 182
I had a 172 and the engine light came on, the car was very chuggy when cold but once it got going it was ok, left it about 6 months then decided to take it Renault, it was the cat, decided not to get it done by renailt so got the part myself and got a mechanic i know to fit it, also needed o2 sensors too. quite costly even without letting renault do it. Just had to replace my full system in my 182 and that was costly too but running fine now. Other problems may be lamba sensor.