ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Management Cable Bracket

Clio 172 Phase 2
Hi
Im a bit confused by a bracket that I found loose behind the engine today. I had to jump start a Land Rover sport (felt well proud haha) and as I had the bonnet open I realised this braket just at the back of the engine towards the left slightly was jumping around. When I get back home I had a proper look and realised part of the wiring lume fitted into this bracket, but was not connected to anything. So I unplugged the wire from its socket and took the bracket off, plugged the cable back in and no change, engine still fired up fine (apart from the bracket no longer vibrating around the engine bay).

I looked in a haynes manual to see how it was meant to be fitted but can't find any diagrams or info on it anywhere. It doesn't overly matter as the connection still stays located perfectly, just keep wonderin if it was meant to be there in the first place?

Kinda hard to explain what it looks like so ill try and post a pic up and hope someone can tell me how its meant to be.

Thanks

Gaz :D