ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine management light, cutting out...

1.2 16v Dynamique
Ok, so recently my car has been cutting out when idling for example at traffic lights. It' s running fine at 500 revs and then suddenly it starts revving (only very slightly) and the engine management light comes on and eventually it cuts out. To prevent it from cutting out usually i just rev it a bit when this starts happening and then it will be ok. I took it to the garage when it was showing early signs and they plugged in the computer and it says there is a faulty sensor (the one that's on top of the engine) can't remember the name but i think its the one that mixes fuel with air. I have to wait until the end of the month to get it fixed when I get paid anyway. I'm asking now because just then went I went to fill up my car at the fuel station it happened twice so it's obviously getting worse. My question is: will it likely to be that sensor? and if it could be or not, what else could it be? thanks mateys!!:D

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Other half had it usually when she had driven a bit and slowed down for a roundabout. I took throttle body out and cleaned and lubricated it...never happened again.

1.2 16v Dynamique
hmm, interesting. thanks for the advice. was it exactly like my symptoms though? engine management light, revving?

1.2 16v Dynamique
just went to asda and on the drive home the engine management light was constantly on, even if i switched engine off and on. but there was no cutting out it ran fine..