ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine management light ON and codes for emissions problems

Clio182
On Saturday the engine management light came on after a fairly lengthy motorway run in my 182. I’ve read the fault codes and attached a screenshot.

Background:
1. Recently had a KTEC sports cat fitted with a new O2 sensor.
2. Pre that fitting the same fault codes had been read - but at that time I was able to clear them.
3. The codes now won’t clear.

Question:
Am I right in thinking that the “bank 1” sensor is the one fitted BEFORE the cat?
Would my description suggest that the bank 1 cat is faulty?

Attachments

• 038411F9-7073-41BE-9E25-3C2A937AAE05.jpeg
    038411F9-7073-41BE-9E25-3C2A937AAE05.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 137

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
It’s an awkward one really, a sports cat is normally a 200 cell, which is less restricted and lets more emissions through.

I’d try and just put a few spacers on the sensor to pull them further out of the cat, should get a lower emissions reading and the light should go out.

If not, it’ll be a sensor fault. Is it just the one (2nd) sensor you bought??

Clio182
It’s an awkward one really, a sports cat is normally a 200 cell, which is less restricted and lets more emissions through.

I’d try and just put a few spacers on the sensor to pull them further out of the cat, should get a lower emissions reading and the light should go out.

If not, it’ll be a sensor fault. Is it just the one (2nd) sensor you bought??
Yes: the one I had replaced was the one which attaches directly to the cat. I wonder whether the pre-cat sensor was simply faulty a few weeks ago but is now knackered?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Pre-cat sensor is usually the one that causes trouble IIRC.

If you want to check then swap the two over, same part.