ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Management Light/Poor Idle

Renault Clio 01 MK2
Hi Guys,

I am new to this and would just like to get some advice about an error with my car!

It is a Phase 1 MK2 2001 1.2 16V.

The problem seems intermittent but I get an engine management light come up (the heart rate like monitor and the squiggle below). My rev's seem to be going up and down and the car seems to be shaking. If I apply some revs it will shoot up and then when I take my foot off the accelerator it will drop below 500 revs and stall. Once this light has gone off the car runs absolutely fine! I have had the car taken to a mechanic to do a diagnostics test and it come back up with a MAP sensor. I have had this replaced with a genuine Renault sensor. I have had the black box removed which then the mechanic found that it had eat through the silicone exposing the copper wire of the loom. I had this fixed, do you think I could potentially need a new loom?? I have been searching through this forum and have found that potentially cleaning the throttle body would fix this problem?

I am really at my wit's end with this!!

Any advice would be highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Daniel