ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Management Light

Clio 182
I have recently purchased an 04 clio 182,

When idling the engine management light comes on, then will go off if I restart and drive the car.

Ive noticed the tickover is slightly lump, I guess the diagnostics will point to a lambda or o2 sensor, how much labour/parts should I anticipate?

Worse case cat I guess?????

Any ideas would be appreciated

Clio 182
In Clapham in S.W London, or sometimes Newport S.Wales if I go home to see my folks, but am working in Rugby until wednesday

Golf GTD Mk7
If you were more north i'd run a clip test for you. Lumpy idle is a characteristic of the car. If it has a decat fitted it could be due to that. If the car is running fine I wouldn't worry too much, but sticking it on diagnostics would be a good idea to double check there isn't any underlying faults.

Ford Mundano
sounds like lambda or cat as you say. when i bought mine on 70k it did exactly the same thing. had 1 lambda replaced - still happened, had the next one replaced and it stopped. still had the same old lumpy idle tho. Im no expert on garage prices as mine were both done under warranty but the lambdas vary between 50 and 80 (roughly) quid but its not a long or difficult job to fit them so shouldnt be too scary expensive. JMS seem to have a good rep on here and theyre not far from you. http://www.cliosport.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?97-JMS-Automotive