ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine managment light + glowplug light

2004 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Hi,
I got a 2004 clio 1.6. the engine managment light has come on and so has the glow plug and another light which is a square box with a wavy line in it. The car now appears to be running in limp mode. does any one have any idea of what this is? ive taken the battery off for 30mins, checked all plugs etc and all seems fine.
thanks
james

2004 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
it gets even better. now when i indicate the window goes down, rear wipper and heated rear screen is constantly on too! any ideas?

Megane 1.6 Dynamique
This happened to me once about 2 months, was driving home from work and the engine started to splutter, the engine management light & glowplug light came on and i had to idle it home!

I read up on it and found a possible solution which was to do with using the storage compartment under the passenger seat! I had a cd wallet under there, which i promptly took out and it hasnt happened since :) Weird!

Not too sure about the ghosty electrics though!

2004 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Thanks ill check under there. I got a feeling it maybe to do with it getting wet. Ive left the battery off over night and going to have a go later today. Ive got a code reader now so hopefully can shed some more light on what fault it is. Also going to check the wiring to the ecu because that also seems a common fault. Also is the the indicators, wipers, heated rear windscreen and windows done through the ecu?

thanks

2004 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Plugged a code reader in last night. Apprently is Throttle position sensor failure. Not sure how correct it is but im going to clean all the throttle body out (quite hope i find aload of crap in there keeping the buttifly open then going to check the wiring to the ECU.
James