ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine not starting right and occasional loss of power

?
My clio mk2ph1 1.2 8v starts 50% of the time straight away but the other 50% of the time it ticks over for ages and doesnt want to start (from posting in other threads im thinking its something to do with the tdc sensor).

Another problem, has happened on a few occasions over the last 6 months now (about 4/5) and is totally RANDOM. When im driving its like the engine suddenly loses power like in the classic limp mode the revs gradually drop right down even if i plant my foot to the floor and i have to wait a few seconds, faff about and change down a few gears and then its fine.. back to normal driving!!? Could this also be related to the TDC sensor?

Ive just come back from the gym and whilst attempting a normally safe overtake i found myself losing power mid-overtake and to be honest i was very lucky there was no oncoming traffic whatso-over.

Please help me!!!!!

Audi S1
Well first thing ild do is check my battery... this happened to me, happened in my vtr aswell... go down 2 a halfords and get it checked... i need to change mine as im currently running with 59% :(

1.2 clio
this sounds alot like a problem i had. after many trips with aa and being diagnosed it was my throttle sensor it gets built up with crap and needs cleening. mine is perfectly fine after this was done. hope i helped as i know its very annoying as it happens weneva, u never know when.

hanny x

ValverInBits
My clio mk2ph1 1.2 8v starts 50% of the time straight away but the other 50% of the time it ticks over for ages and doesnt want to start (from posting in other threads im thinking its something to do with the tdc sensor).

fit a new tdc sensor then

Another problem, has happened on a few occasions over the last 6 months now (about 4/5) and is totally RANDOM. When im driving its like the engine suddenly loses power like in the classic limp mode the revs gradually drop right down even if i plant my foot to the floor and i have to wait a few seconds, faff about and change down a few gears and then its fine.. back to normal driving!!? Could this also be related to the TDC sensor?

This CAN be caused by a very far gone lambda sensor.

Ive just come back from the gym and whilst attempting a normally safe overtake i found myself losing power mid-overtake and to be honest i was very lucky there was no oncoming traffic whatso-over.

Please help me!!!!!

stop panicing and start fixing. French is fun

?
Update - removed the tdc sensor a few days ago it was totally corroded cleaned it up with wd40 and refitted it... working fine so far.

ValverInBits
lesson there is follow your own hunches. Especially if it's as cheap as a squirt of WD40
Glad to hear it's better mate

?
Thanks, hope it doesnt come back... but if it does ill just buy a new tdc sensor (local scrappies only want £10 for it including loom!)