ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Splash Guard / Under tray

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to find this (see link)
Will this fit?

Looks right to me, I'd be dubious about the quality though. I'd be looking for one from someone breaking a Clio locally personally.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to find this (see link)
Will this fit?

It would suffice, though they lack the flexibility and durability of genuine ones. They're serviceable but somewhat fragile. I was fortunate to acquire a genuine tray from another Clio, but these served their purpose in the meantime.

Clio 182
Looks right to me, I'd be dubious about the quality though. I'd be looking for one from someone breaking a Clio locally personally.
Thanks 👍🏼
I’ve been on the lookout for a cover now for months no luck at all. Very difficult to find now it seems.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks 👍🏼
I’ve been on the lookout for a cover now for months no luck at all. Very difficult to find now it seems.
Yeah I've been after a plug for the oil drain hole on the undertray, but they seem to be impossible to find too.
Whereabouts in the country are you? There's a few people about who break these cars quite regularly.

Clio 182
It would suffice, though they lack the flexibility and durability of genuine ones. They're serviceable but somewhat fragile. I was fortunate to acquire a genuine tray from another Clio, but these served their purpose in the meantime.
I’ll keep an eye out for a genuine one but this one might do the job as the car is only on the road for a few months of the year. 👍🏼

Clio 182
Yeah I've been after a plug for the oil drain hole on the undertray, but they seem to be impossible to find too.
Whereabouts in the country are you? There's a few people about who break these cars quite regularly.
I read somewhere a guy used a rubber grommet, just an idea.
I’m in Northern Ireland, not too many clio sports breaking over here.

Clio 182
Just a follow up to my last post, I ordered the undertray, I haven’t fitted it yet though. I also ordered a 70mm blanking grommet from Amazon, as you can see from the pic it’s a great fit. Beats trying to track down a genuine drain hole cover.
IMG_3755.jpeg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just a follow up to my last post, I ordered the undertray, I haven’t fitted it yet though. I also ordered a 70mm blanking grommet from Amazon, as you can see from the pic it’s a great fit. Beats trying to track down a genuine drain hole cover. View attachment 1682764
Looks a good alternative that!

I remember several years back when mine mysteriously 'disappeared' after a visit to a Renault dealership. Managed to pickup a replacement on here for £20, that's still fitted underneath to this day.

I think they went through a phase of being unpopular on here (weightz savings innit) - or potential assistance in keeping the engine bay cooler for track cars. Whatever the reason, they were easy to obtain back then.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Just a follow up to my last post, I ordered the undertray, I haven’t fitted it yet though. I also ordered a 70mm blanking grommet from Amazon, as you can see from the pic it’s a great fit. Beats trying to track down a genuine drain hole cover. View attachment 1682764

Did you get fresh screws to hold it in place. Sod trying to re-use the old rusty ones!