ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine stutter

Renault clio rs cup
hi,
I have a Renault clio cup mk3 rs 200 2011,when I start car put car in 1st gear and start off when accelerate the car stutters kangaroo style 4 or 5 times,then it seams to stop,this happens ever time I start car and drive of in 1st gear,its like when you don't ballance clutch right,do you know how to fix this

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
It happens on every 197/200. Common issue.
You get used to it in the end.

If it bothers you, get it remapped or let your car warm up for a couple of minutes before leaving.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Worth getting it plugged in as a lot of people diagnose it as "normal" as they ain't the best when cold but sometimes that points people away from a faulty lambda sensor or somthing similar.

I've never found any of mine particularly bad to drive when cold, infact my 172s were all worse before being remapped

Renault clio rs cup
Worth getting it plugged in as a lot of people diagnose it as "normal" as they ain't the best when cold but sometimes that points people away from a faulty lambda sensor or somthing similar.

I've never found any of mine particularly bad to drive when cold, infact my 172s were all worse before being remapped

Thx for reply will try that if I had this ill get it remapped
The rear exhaust lambda sensor is on way out,getting code po136 po136 p,on diagnostic tool o2 sensor circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 2,getting new lambda senor fitted fri,see if that solves problem

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
The rear exhaust lambda sensor is on way out,getting code po136 po136 p,on diagnostic tool o2 sensor circuit malfunction bank 1 sensor 2,getting new lambda senor fitted fri,see if that solves problem
Rear lambda should just be there to confirm the car is working so shouldn't cause any running issues if it's the same as the mk2.

If like the mk2 it's the same sensor front and back of the cat then try it in the front first for a few days to see if that cures it since your buying one anyway