ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine styling

i was thinking of getting some of the hoses and coloured clips you can get. there bout 30 - 40 quid, a was just wonder what they look like, sh*t or the good, has any one got them on there engine
cheers nick

BMW 320d Sport

Youd think theyd be more popular, those overbraids for your hoses. I think the problem is that they are a b*****d to fit cos you have to disconnect every pipe, hose or loom that youre doing. Plus everyone knows that they are just an engine dress up part, not actually done for functional reasons, so its not so hardcore...

Im still trying to justify to myself having an alloy header tank instead of the sh*tty plastic one! Get a silicone hose set - a much better idea.

Silicone hose set and a alloy header tank are more functional than the overbraids And Silicone hoses do look nice in a engine bay. Plus if your gonna disconnect every thing to do it you might as well get better hosess

Chun.

BMW 320d Sport

Exactly...ok the header tank is a bit of fancy metalwork, but it does serve a purpose - keeps the coolant system under higher pressure cos it has a high-pressure cap and thus the system works better. Likewise silicone hoses will never split or overheat and cos theyre not black its easier to see if there are any fluids leaking.

BMW 320d Sport

My tanks made by Bailey, the same people that do all the ford stuff and make dump valves etc. I think the Prima one is the Bailey one. The one for the Clio is actually the same as for the R5 GTT.

Trouble with braided hoses is keeping them cleal, all the sh*t sticks in the braid work. We at Hillpower are on the case of Silicone water hoses for the clio 1.4 which we should have a sample of by end of Feb. We also sell silicone water hoses for the 16v clio and 19.

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah and take my advice dont get the yellow Hill Power ones, theyre a b*****d to keep clean, stick with blue...the blue ones are a bit cheaper anyway arent they Nick?