ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Warning Light going Bonkers - Sounds like clapped out old beatle!

I should have expected problems, getting an old French car - but no, I went ahead and did it anyway, only to find 6 months down the line it starts misfiring and engine light is going mad, so it has had its spark plugs changed, but the light is still going mad, and it does sound a little better, but still has the clapped out old beatle sound in the background, I'm too worried to take it out incase I get stuck in the middle of nowhere, as I have just moved to the country side where there is hardly any life. And it has to happen the only time I am completely skint - any ideas please?

Many.
Where abouts are you?

It needs plugging into a diagnostic machine to confirm it, else you'll be throwing parts at it all day long.

172 Cup
As above, just had this with mine and plugged it into a diagnostics machine after having no luck changing the plugs, leads, and coil. Turns out injector number 3 is faulty so changing that tomorrow to hopefully fix the problem.

Thank you everyone - diagnostics machine replied P0300, coil and plugs changed, so next will be injector test - Darkblue Sheep I shall blame you, ( Hampshire cars must be jinxed) lol. I have just moved from Fleet (And also lived in Basingstoke) now in Westbury-on-Severn.

Clio
What car is it I know on my clio you can get basic diagnostic info on dash by holding stalk while turning it on (sure if you check on site you'll be able to get full info sorry I can't remember exactly how to do it )