ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine warning light

brought my lovely 182ff 2 weeks ago, it has 38k on the clock has recently had cam/aux and dephaser done has full service history also. after a week i noticed the engine warning light flick on, litteraly for two seconds, never gave it a second thought. Today i drove the car in the evening, the light came on when i was waiting at traffic lights then went off as soon as i pulled away, again happened on the way home. Obviously the best idea would be to get a diagnostics test done, how do i get it done if the light is no longer on? anyone experienced this fault before i blow £90 at renault? car runs no different when the light is on, it is the light at the bottom of the speedo and it flickers if that helps. Many thanks

Ryan

ph2 Clio 172
Hard to tell man, could be a loose sensor, But a diagnostics would be the right job, some faults are stored on the ecu and it can be found out that way, if you take it to a private mechanic it will be cheaper and they might plug in a fault code reader that when you drive it shows a fault it will automaticly store on to the reader. Whatever it is it dosent seem much to worry about.

thanks Dave puts my mind at rest, atleast i can concentrate on saving up for proper stuff like a yozza and cams! thank you sir.