ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Epas on a Looped PAS Rack

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Can the epas setup be used on any rack or is it best to use it on a non pas rack?

Thoughts was to remove pas and loop my current rack (Ph1 172) and see how it goes.
If I dont like the feel then add in the epas column etc to the rack. Would this work and anyone done it the same way?

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Few have said its even worse with a gripper diff fitted which Im planning later along the line so thought best to have epas as a backup

cattlerustler

ClioSport Club Member
  Exige S Clio Cup
I ran with no PAS and a looped rack and the car was next to impossible to use on the road, I added epas to the looped rack, but the feel was awful and very varied, the only real way to do this in my mind is to run the correct DCi high ratio rack and epas with a suitable adjustment kit from ebay, works a treat and I can have it easy on the road and take away some of the assistance for track work.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
I just had the subframe dropped a few months ago, wish I had this planned back then and wouldve just swapped out the rack
Will loop this one for just now and see how it feels and then change the rack for a dci one in the future at some point

dan's cast offs.
swap the rack at the same time, comes out easily. pull column, pull rack, FIT EPAS COLUMN, fit rack. do it in that order and the boot at the bottom of the column is ten times easier to get into place.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
swap the rack at the same time, comes out easily. pull column, pull rack, FIT EPAS COLUMN, fit rack. do it in that order and the boot at the bottom of the column is ten times easier to get into place.

Isnt it tight as hell and near impossible to remove the pas rack with the subframe still in place?

dan's cast offs.
Nah, plenty of room. Pull the drivers side shaft if you want as well, gives you loads more room.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Ach I'll go for it then. Iv a whole year before the cars needed anyway as taken a year out to get some jobs done and finished but list keeps growing haha
Got new tie rods and ends sitting spare so fine chance to get them fitted to a dci rack