ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ergent help with insurance

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
Been a named driver since i passed my test and now direct line say that because ive passed i now cant be on my mums policy which the renewal for was £1200. I would of accepted this quote but apparently there is a new company rule

my own quote will be 2300 and with everywhere else its 3k+, no claims of 1 year named driver cant be used anywhere but direct line

help, i dont wanna go near a corsa b

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
tried both now

17 0ncb 1years driving exp - elephant £4100, Admiral £3950

ncb cant be transfered over from direct line

on a 2005 1.2

i had the exact same problem, i was 17 with ncb and i couldnt insure my 1.2 dynamique for less than 2k

i ended up on my parents with direct line, so i dont understand why they wont let you do that?

literally nowere would insure me for less than 2k though and i looked EVERYWERE!

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
im gonna have to go with 2100 from direct line on my own policy at least that way i can work up my ncb to eventually leave the tossers with the red phone

Clio 1.4 RT
theres one name when it comes to no claims and young drivers... BELL
when i wanted to insure a 2.0 sri vectra (first car) every other company wanted £2000+, got a quote from bell and it was only £875 3rd party with bonus accelerator plus (only 10 months and it counts as a full year ncb, also get a cert at the end of the policy so you can take your 1yr ncb elsewhere) the reason why i chose 3rd party is because you cant afford to claim kuz ul loose ur no claims, so y pay for fully comp? at the end of the day you just need to be careful and make sure any incidents arent your fault, though if you dont want to take the risk you can go for fully comp (cant see it being over £1500 though) give em a try, best of luck :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
thats what i done on my 172 at 18, just went 3rd party fire n theft as if i crashed it i wasnt up for claiming and screwing my chances of faster cars for the next 5 years!

theres one name when it comes to no claims and young drivers... BELL
when i wanted to insure a 2.0 sri vectra (first car) every other company wanted £2000+, got a quote from bell and it was only £875 3rd party with bonus accelerator plus (only 10 months and it counts as a full year ncb, also get a cert at the end of the policy so you can take your 1yr ncb elsewhere) the reason why i chose 3rd party is because you cant afford to claim kuz ul loose ur no claims, so y pay for fully comp? at the end of the day you just need to be careful and make sure any incidents arent your fault, though if you dont want to take the risk you can go for fully comp (cant see it being over £1500 though) give em a try, best of luck :)

wow BELL are really cheap!! half the price i am paying atm!

only worrying bit is above the quote is sais; car premium; £600, what does that mean??

Go third party.
The excess will be massive if you stack it so you wouldn't claim anyway, and also if you did claim you would lose your NCB. Works out cheaper in the long run.

Clio 1.4 RT
the better halfs insured fully comp with bell now;
first car clio 1.4 rt 98/s so zero ncb
only passed 03/2008 with me as a named driver - £652
are you declaring mods?
you may want to consider pass plus, gives the equiv of 1yr ncb with most insurers

You lot do know that bell,admiral & elephant are all the same company. For me thay all come within £20 of each other.

Clio 1.4 RT
they cater for diff markets though which is why you have a price diff, i went from bell (1st yr) to admiral at renewal as they offered the same policy for 500+ less than bell

A3 Tdi
i found the same prices for my 1.2!!! madnes..
i insured it third party, fire and left for 1300 in my own name with 0 NCB.
im with adrian flux, still alot of money though

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
bell want to try and charge me nearly twice what direct line do. paying 500 hacks me off yet alone the grand that bell wanted. just shows its a lottery.........