ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Error codes for both O2 sensor heater circuits? Coincidence?

Hey guys,

Quick question here.

I've scanned and received both P0135 and P0141, which gives "O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1" .. and Sensor 2.

One might read this as both O2 sensors being faulty and need replacing, but maybe there is a different fault here. I mean, how common is it for both sensors to go together.

For what it's worth... when I was viewing the live data of both sensors. Only one value stayed static as I revved the engine, so one is definitely gone. I just don't know what to make of the others.

Also, my car had a de-cat when I got it and I don't recall the situation with the sensors.. it is likely one is missing. I'll have a look under the car today.

What ye reckon?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Follow the wiring from the sensors up to where it joins the wiring at the back of the gearbox. Quite easy to see if you look down the back of the engine. I have seen a couple now with lambda faults and it is the wiring damaged or short circuit causing the fault.

Like you say I would be surprised if both sensors failed at the same time!