ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP and service light on

FF 182 Sport
Well as the title really got a ff 182 and driving today service and ESP lights came on - no difference in drive etc just wondering why they are on??? Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

silver 172
yeh ESP is down too your braking system (electronic stability programe) and the service light has come on because the ESP light is on and needs looking at thats all

Clio 182 arctic
try the brake light sensor, thats what happened on mine, same fault. above the brake pedal there is a black connector with wires coming out.
  • push brake pedal down, keep it down
  • twist connector out
  • there is a little punger on the connector, pull it all the way out
  • put the connector back and let go of brake pedal
it may take a couple of goes before the lights stop coming on.

rb182 cup
check under the passenger seat....might just be a loose wire. i had the "service" & "airbag" light on my dash...moved the wire & dash cleared

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
try the brake light sensor, thats what happened on mine, same fault. above the brake pedal there is a black connector with wires coming out.
  • push brake pedal down, keep it down
  • twist connector out
  • there is a little punger on the connector, pull it all the way out
  • put the connector back and let go of brake pedal
it may take a couple of goes before the lights stop coming on.

Thats if the ABS, ESP, SERV light is on... Just bought a new brake pedal switch, mine had a bad conection in the switch only £14 from Renault... Solved the problem all lights now off, and adjusted so brake light come on with the slightest touch...

Clio 182 arctic
Thats if the ABS, ESP, SERV light is on... Just bought a new brake pedal switch, mine had a bad conection in the switch only £14 from Renault... Solved the problem all lights now off, and adjusted so brake light come on with the slightest touch...
not true,mine was just esp and serv. same fault came up.

Milltek'd clio 182
brake system fault nothing major but its a brake sensor behind the pedal which operates you brake lights and two other things, 30 quid so i been told

Clio 182 arctic
So im lieing??? Some people... esp and serv is a problem with the esp...
not lieing as such, just maybe misinformed?? like i say i had just the esp & serv light, diagnosis - brake pedal sensor adjusted it, its been fine since.