ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP Problems

Hi! For some time I have trouble with ESP, I started to turn the light SERV ABS and ESP, and I run out of that, if and only if someone wanted to know did the same, a greeting!

I was told that it is the ESP sensor that is located behind the wheel, which broke when I install a sports steering wheel, it can be?

If you can change what happens I do not find that part. I am and I live in Spain, here in the renault worth € 211 (175.49 pounds), and wanted to know if someone on this board would know if it's that or suggestions;)

Thanks!

Mk5 golf gti
confused-animals-are-funny16.jpg

Laguna sport tourer
as far as im aware the steering wheel angle sensor has to be put back the same way i know some other people on hear have had the same problem, sorry i don't know anything more than that as ive never taken mine apart

Golf GTD Mk7
i'm assuming you're not english mate? sound like you steering angle position sensor. You'll need a new one if that is the case and it will need recalibrating on CLIP.

Golf GTD Mk7
if you got a working second hand one it might not need recalibrating. So might be worth a go. It will be cheaper obviously. If it does need recalibrating, then you're not losing anything by getting a second hand one.

Where are you from?

I am from Spain, not very much English.I use internet translators so sometimes I do not understand, sorry!

I would like to find a second hand. Here in Spain I can not find and would like to search this forum, but I can not access.

Bumder With A Buffer
I bought a second hand squib for £40-£50 ..and that included fitting. Was done at a place near me called "cit-ren"

I think it still needed to be reset on the Renault Clip tool but I cant remember.

Clio 172,Focus rs
Hello from Mexico.
I've had the same problem with my 172 and when it was diagnosed they told me that the steering wheel sensor was screwed and it cost the big bucks as you all might know therefore, I got home and proceded to remove the top and bottom covers of the wheel column(where you find the light and wiper controls) and found an optic type sensor on the front surface which is in contact with the back part of the wheel. Well, bottom line is that is was covered in dust y wiped it clean and have not had that annoying light again on my dash.
Saved a lot of money too!!
Regards