ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP ring sensor.....expensive?

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
think ive finally found the problem why the ESP light and service light comes on every now and then...think its down to the esp ring behind the wheel from replacing it.

Anyone know how much 1 of these are from renault ..are they pretty expensive to replace.....does anyone know what sort of price id be looking at?

Thanks

Jamie

What wrong with the ring is the sensor gapping not in tolerance (0.5 to 1.5mm from memory) is the ring damaged?. I don't think its a seperate part but I think it can be seperated a new shaft is about £150 I think. If you do need a new shaft contrack matt though on 01254 386661 he will have one for sale cheaper.

Clown Car
Are you sure it is a ring sensor?, i have had my serv and esp light coming on/off intermittently for a few days and cruise not working, i suspected it may be a brake light switch problem as i have had experience of this type of fault with HDI/CDI engines before.

A quick search on the forum confirmed it maybe the brake light sensor out of adjustment or faulty, i have re-adjusted the sensor pin and drove home and the warning lights stayed off, hopefully that cures it and i don't need a trip to the dealers for a new sensor.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Mark5290 said:
Are you sure it is a ring sensor?, i have had my serv and esp light coming on/off intermittently for a few days and cruise not working, i suspected it may be a brake light switch problem as i have had experience of this type of fault with HDI/CDI engines before.

A quick search on the forum confirmed it maybe the brake light sensor out of adjustment or faulty, i have re-adjusted the sensor pin and drove home and the warning lights stayed off, hopefully that cures it and i don't need a trip to the dealers for a new sensor.

i have no idea mate but ill try it... i think it may be to do with the esp sensor as to the problems ive had in this thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=165891

edde....i think that may be rite over the spacing as when i had the boss kit fitted for the new wheel i was having on i got home and the boss was grinding on the top plastic trim...as though its been pushed on overtighten or somthing....dont know though:S

Mark5290 said:

That is exactly what the problem is (brake light switch) just had mine sorted at renault