ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP

Ford Fiesta

my light has never flashed to say its in use while driving, how can induce it to come on? Ive been over rough/bumpy ground put it must have all the traction it needs.

Can someone confirm it definately lights up whwn it is in use?

Liam

IMO the ESP on clios is good - its not very intrusive and I very rarely see the light come on. If you want to check if the light works just hold 4k revs and drop the clutch...

find a big roundabout in the wet build up speed holiding a tight line until the front lets go then lift off get the back out and plant you right foot :devilish:

Just dont do what I did on a wet roundabout!

Dont lose the front, the back steps out and sends you into a spin, regain control and avoid the oncoming traffic but then spin it back the other way into some railings :(. Did it on Sunday, hopefully have the new bumper on by this weekend though, and Ill be skint for a couple of months....

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

find a qiuet roundabout and keep pushing it. once you start getting the car to slide a bit youll notice the light flash as it counteracts the skid. it doesnt work whilst your on the brakes though.

i was going down a hill few days ago doing an undisclosed speed :devilish: and i braked hard and the car felt like it was going to go all over the place the abs light came on the esp light came on and so did the serv light lol. brakes smelt like they was on fire lol. o well i thinkl the esp and that must be working if the light came on. but dam do these 182s stop quick.

I thought the ESP was on when you push the button and the light is permanently on? If I wheel spin with the ESP off then the light flashes!

Ford Fiesta

esp is on when there is NO light on the dash, correct? and off when it is lit correct?

abs symbol dont light up when abs is active though afaik.

Ive had the bloody thing on all the time then, thinking it was off!

I switched it off (what i thought was on) on the way back from the dealer when I picked it up and im sure the light went off after a while!

Ford Fiesta

yes westy if you see the orange light on the dash that means you have NO esp protection

The ESP is automatically reset when you start the car each time and it defaults to the "on" position. The orange/yellow light will only illuminate when the ESP system is working - more noticeable in lovely weather conditions like today!

You have to make a positive action to turn off the ESP (Renault protecting themselves - driver has to turn protection system off RATHER than having to turn it on) and the orange/yellow light will be illuminated permanently.

Best to play around with it on wide empty roads, rather than at rush hour! :D

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by bsimmer3000 on 07 July 2004

i was going down a hill few days ago doing an undisclosed speed :devilish: and i braked hard and the car felt like it was going to go all over the place the abs light came on the esp light came on and so did the serv light lol. brakes smelt like they was on fire lol. o well i thinkl the esp and that must be working if the light came on. but dam do these 182s stop quick.
esp needs to control the throttle slightly and individually control the brakes. if your on the brakes the esp cant cut in.

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 07 July 2004

esp needs to control the throttle slightly and individually control the brakes. if your on the brakes the esp cant cut in.
However.......EBD....Electronic Brake Force Distribution will be working away in the background to make sure braking power is optimised and balanced across the four brakes.

dk

911 GTS Cab

this happened to me but while i was standing still on a hill, apparently renault reckon it is a fault with the software and they are investigating it, they will report their findings this month, but it may mean taking your car to renault, i would check it out with the dealer as there seems to be a known problem.

Im surprised everyone is noticing a little light on the dash when the car seems to be trying to prevent a crash! ;)

Cant you feel the brakes are active without you pressing and the throttle not giving what you request?