ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eufy 2k video doorbell

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Doorbell has just packed up and been looking at these to get next.
Anyone got one the battery not wired version?
If so what's the verdict?
Also will it do colour night vision if near porch light?

Honda. Tesla Someday
Hi!

I spent a long time deciding which doorbell to buy. My first choice was the Eufy Battery Doorbell as it seemed to offer the world! The main thing I liked was the local storage, no reliance on the cloud etc.

So, I bought it.

When trying to set it up though, I couldn’t get the app to create a new account for me. I’m a tech freak so this just didnt seem right at all.

After some investigation, it turns out that the app does in fact rely on connecting to Eufy services (which I guess is OK), however their whole network was down. Couldnt create a user account, couldnt do anything for a full 36 hours! I googled it and found that their servers have been offline often, and people who bought in to the Eufy “Security” system (it uses the same app as the doorbell), when the servers are offline you can’t disarm or arm your alarm, and you can‘t view your doorbell recordings etc. People were going crazy as they literally could not disarm their business alarms or their house alarms so they could leave the house! Apparently you don’t get doorbell notifications either when servers are down.

I felt somewhat betrayed as I genuinely thought that the doorbell wouldn’t rely on the cloud as much as it did.

I returned the doorbell in the end and have bought a Ring 3Plus instead - I have had it 3 weeks now and its been good for the most part. It had lost audio twice though which meant I have to pull its battery (maybe I have an issue with mine, but I hear Ring customer service is good so I need to contact them). Still, seeing as my home is a “smart home” and everything is voice controlled with Alexa and Echo Shows, the Ring fits in and works flawlessly with this set up.

So - SHOULD YOU buy the Eufy? Judging by what I have seen online, MOST people absolutely love it! Some do have issues, and maybe my experience was just at a time where they had some big issues (it was a few months ago).

My advice then:

Buy the Eufy if it fits your needs. However, buy it from Amazon as their returns policy is brilliant, so you will get a solid month to try it for yourself. If it sucks, return it and buy something else. So far I am liking the Ring 3Plus a lot, and as long as the audio issue doesn’t occur again I’m keeping it!

I hope this helps, its 5:15am and I need sleep. Sorry for any typos. Happy to answer questions if you have any!!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
£215 for these both at the moment on amazon! If its s**t or i have problems ill send it back!

1602617741652.png

I just ordered a Eufy floodlight camera. Been looking at them for a while so can't pass up this price drop. Might get a second if it turns out decent.

I wanted an all black one but they only seem to be available in America at the moment

As a functional light, the floodlight camera is useless! It picks up my neighbour 3 doors down as she steps out of her door and puts the light on. The sensitivity is on the lowest setting. You cannot set activity zones for the light, only for recording. Although tbh the activity zones don't work properly for recording clips either. They miss activity (like a car parking and someone getting out) and continually record stuff outside of the activity zones that I set up.

Because it keeps turning on when my neighbour 3 doors down comes outside, I have set the brightness to minimum and the duration to 30 seconds. So tonight I was working on my car and wanted the floodlight to stay on and be on max brightness. Not possible! You can manually turn it on, but as soon as the motion sensor detects my movement it turns the floodlight to minimum brightness. Then it times out and turns off!

The only way to keep the light on was to quickly set up a schedule to keep the light on full brightness. Absolutely ridiculous