ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eufy or Blink Video Doorbell

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Which is the better of the 2?

The Eufy one is £97.99 on Amazon and the Blink is £79.98. Both come with a separate chime and will work with the Echo show.

Is the Eufy one with the extra £20?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I can’t comment on the Eufy but Amazon often have theirs down to £49.99 with the Sync module. I have the Blink and for the money it’s been perfect, great battery life and I’ve plugged in a USB to the module to record any events. Mine is very close to the router and I have Alexa devices dotted around the house that I get the notifications on when someone presses the bell.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Eufy are in the middle of a bit of a scandal about their supposed "all your data stays local, nothing in the cloud" functionality. In as much as, they totally lied about it.

If that's important to you then it's worth keeping in mind.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
If you get a blink one and need a sync module let me know, I have a spare one I can send so you can record the content.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Eufy are in the middle of a bit of a scandal about their supposed "all your data stays local, nothing in the cloud" functionality. In as much as, they totally lied about it.

If that's important to you then it's worth keeping in mind.
This is a massive deal. The Blink is terrible. (i also have a spare module)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I had a ring, got rid due to the subscription and it taking forever to load. Tried blink it was s**t so I got rid.

Got a Eufy and love it, then the scandal happened.

I can't say it concerns me too much however as there is nothing personal that they or anyone can see from the doorbell, it isn't inside the house all it can do is see what you can see if you sit on my street.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
My eufy stuff is spot on, there is some data collection scandal or something but I’m sure they all do it and it sound pretty minor..

I won’t take it down over it..

I have 2 cordless cameras and 2 wired twin led spotlight cameras, both are decent, run through a hub. App is easy to use, select dead zones, sensitivity, etc

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
The scandel s**t makes me laugh, companies have been listening in and using your data for years.

If they want to see my postman, they absolutely can. I have no issues with that.

I have the eufy and it's brilliant, I can't comment on the other one or a ring as I haven't had any experience.

I spent ages doing research and the eufy kept coming up at the top for me. Let me know if you have any questions on it @Sash

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I got given a set of blink cameras but I havent bothered to put them up yet.
Are they that s**t?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
That's expensive I got the Blink door bell, sync module 2 and echo show 5 for £80 a couple of weeks ago. Not set it all up yet though so can't comment on how good it is.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I put a Eufy doorbell camera and home hub up a few months ago.

Can't complain at all about the hardware or the app, quick to respond, and we've barely made a dent in the onboard storage so far.

Until I read this thread I had no idea there was a scandal, but as @dann2707 says, it's genuinely of no concern to me.

It was relatively cheap, has no subscription fees, and works well.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
That's expensive I got the Blink door bell, sync module 2 and echo show 5 for £80 a couple of weeks ago. Not set it all up yet though so can't comment on how good it is.
Was the doorbell, chime and sync module too for that price.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Coming from someone who's had both like I said above, don't go with the blink, Eufy is 1000 x more usable and responsive

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Which is the better of the 2?

The Eufy one is £97.99 on Amazon and the Blink is £79.98. Both come with a separate chime and will work with the Echo show.

Is the Eufy one with the extra £20?

https://uk.eufy.com/products/e82133...app&utm_campaign=uk_performance_max&utm_term={{15279128134}}_{{15279128134}}_{{15279128134}}&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpPrxjbGy_AIVCYbtCh1spwD_EAQYASABEgKsC_D_BwE

This is the one I have available cheaper thou they have some great offers at eufy👍 had for 2 years can't fault it good alerts battery like and data storage quality build unlike ring doorbell🙄

Warranty and back up is also great I have there cameras too they can also be added to the hub at a later date well worth the extra money imo.

2014 Clio 200t edc
We’ve got a blink doorbell, it’s ok for what it is and cost. The software is decent and quality is ok.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Seems like people are missing half of the scandal.

The data is going to the cloud might not be an issue for some, but a deal breaker for others.

The bigger issue is that it’s unencrypted and not secured in any way.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member

The data is going to the cloud might not be an issue for some, but a deal breaker for others.

I'm thick when it comes to technology, what is the issue with it not being encrypted? You can literally see what my doorbell sees standing on my street, why do I need that to be really secure? Sure the indoor cameras I wouldn't be keen on moving but external cameras what's the major issue?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

And why would this:
Screenshot_20230106_215001_eufy Security.jpg

Be a problem?

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
I have two Eufy wireless and a wireless PIR in the shed which if triggered between certain hours sets everything else off. Had no idea about any sort of data thing either tbh but likewise, a feed of my dog having a s**t in the garden or the milkman at 3am isn’t that much of an issue for me… it is a bit weird it’s going on the cloud when the home hub I have means it’s stored on there…. Ah well!

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
They have all said the camera has to be on for people to stream (that’s active and recording/streaming - they can’t turn it on. Since they’re all set to motion activation at random times that minimises it somewhat. (and even then the chances of them getting all the details you need are very slim).

megane 285 sport
Ive got an ezviz doorbell, choose it because it can be powered of the existing transformer/cables and use the existing bell. Was so good, i bought there camera wall light aswell.

182 FF Inferno
Why the hate on Ring doorbells?? Is it just because of the subscriptions? You don't have to subscribe, but nothing is stored if you don't.

We have a Ring wired doorbell, no issues at all with it. Paid £30 for it, so money saved over a Eufy will pay for 2 years subs.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Why the hate on Ring doorbells?? Is it just because of the subscriptions? You don't have to subscribe, but nothing is stored if you don't.

We have a Ring wired doorbell, no issues at all with it. Paid £30 for it, so money saved over a Eufy will pay for 2 years subs.
They become a tad useless if you don't subscribe and therefore can't save the footage.

Also having tried the three I mentioned earlier, the eufy is by far the most responsive and reliable that we have had. Granted the Ring was V2 so later models may be more responsive but I wasn't impressed at all for the 12 months we had it for. Blink lasted 4 weeks.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Finally took the plunge on a video doorbell, I was going down the usual Ring route until seeing people's thoughts including this thread, so went with the Eufy 2K for £99 and I'm very pleased with it. (y)