ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Euro Road Trip

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Serious? I though it was like £2000 type money, I may well come in my 1.6 then!
As long we go to Sweden and Poland I'm happy ;)

^It would cost that if you stayed in a reasonable hotel each night, and you had a stupidly uneconomical car.

We didn't do stupid speeds on the motorways, mainly stuck to 70-80mph where the cars aren't too bad for fuel.

Qashcow
2010_06_06_1929.jpg

not massively crammed at all. this was enough for 2 people per car for 8 days, very little food though. Regarding food, bare in mind that in europe they pretty much shut everything on a sunday, so get food on saturday to last

Qashcow
also, as your taking more time over your trip than we did, might be worth popping into the Porsche museum in Stuttgart on your way through, it wont be too far out your way

340i
This was my car packed up with two peoples worth of clothing, camping gear, two tents, food, drink, camping equipment etc. etc.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

340i
meals worked out pretty cheap.... the European super markets are great value! we had a few BBQ's / beers some nights it work out about £5 each for burgers, sausages, cobs etc.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Ok if there is space, I've talked to my parents and gf and I've decided I'm coming! (if I'm welcome)

I won't be in the 1.2, just sold it, got to buy a new car before September!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks fantastic guys, me and the OH are planning on driving to the Champagne region then dieppe, up the coast and back to Calais.

Shouldn't be too bad travelling wise. 12 hour straight drive from our house including the ferry so not even that far.

Ok if there is space, I've talked to my parents and gf and I've decided I'm coming! (if I'm welcome)

I won't be in the 1.2, just sold it, got to buy a new car before September!

You're more than welcome mate.

Gally, That sounds good also. I think us going for 9 days will help with the driving. Any less and we'd have struggled to do the miles and enjoy our selves.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate, not too bad i'm not going quite as far as you guys miles wise.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
To champagne just me and the OH mate. Wanted to the West coast and south of France but maybe next time.

Qashcow
Were staying near the alps for 10 days this summer, 3 of us and the ladies. Should be a reet laugh but cannot wait for next years mass trip again

I really can't wait for this to be honest. Always wanted to do something like this.

Is there a thread on here with your pictures in? I wouldn't mind having a look through.

340i
I really can't wait for this to be honest. Always wanted to do something like this.

Is there a thread on here with your pictures in? I wouldn't mind having a look through.

Our trip is linked in the first post of this thread :)

RB 200
ahhhh no inappropriate comments then, my gf will be at uni :/

It's all good... Wouldn't worry about then 2 to be honest we've stuck Disney land in on the way back to keep them good :p haha ... Im sure youll get along good with everyone! You in for it then matey!?

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
It's all good... Wouldn't worry about then 2 to be honest we've stuck Disney land in on the way back to keep them good :p haha ... Im sure youll get along good with everyone! You in for it then matey!?

Hell yeah, don't really want to be alone in my car for 2k miles though ;)
And I've never driven on the wrong side of the road...

But I can't wait till September :D Going to be epic!

Qashcow
Take a mate with you, can insure him on the car to share driving plus you can then go halves on fuel and road tolls

Qashcow
Tramps tour Europe was the one we did last year I'm afraid, that name is now copywrite protected by PhreeboneGrayBomber.Inc

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
I have a 16 man tent if you guys want to use it, and an in car mini fridge which will be filled with bacon the entire time ;)

RB 200
right ... those ferrys for £20 something ... we need to book them up asap before the prices go silly!! let me know what you lot fancy doing.