ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Euro Road Trip

RB 200
right .. this week i'm searching through camp sites etc .. going to find the best places to say and email them with details!!

RB 200
Right well I'll redo the map with it being from Dover now :)then we can split camp sites and ring about ... I'll do it some point this week :)

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Does everywhere we are going use euros?
Do you carry around the cash or pay for everything using your card?

340i
Does everywhere we are going use euros?
Do you carry around the cash or pay for everything using your card?

If you go to Switzerland ideally you need Swiss Franks...

We all took cash and CC as back up, cash is easier... most places do accept card payments, but better to be safe as everybody accepts cash :)

How many euros is it to get on the nurgurgring? And how long do we get on it?

You pay per lap. So how ever long it takes you to complete the amount of laps you've payed for.

Anyway, a little update.

I've got some Hi-Vis Jackets (as we have to have them)
Also, we'll more than likely be driving at night so anyone needing headlight converters.. I can get them for £5 a pair. I'll gladly buy them for people but i'd want the money for them.

You'll also need Spare bulb kits too. I've spoken to James about this, and i think he might be able to get some from work cheap?

First aid kits, We'll need some of these too. Again, I'll buy for people aslong as i'll recieve the money for them.

I'll be taking a tool kit, and more than likely a small trolley jack (just in case).

We'll have more of an update over the next week or so regarding route and camping.

Cheers,

Stu.

Last edited:
** FORGOT TO ADD THIS BIT **

Ring lap ticket prices

You don't need to book laps at the Ring; just turn up, buy a card, and get on to the track during a Touristfahrten session.Nurburgring lap ticket prices increased in 2011 and the 8-lap ticket was discontinued. A single lap ticket increased by 9% over the 2010 price and multi-lap tickets increased by an average of 22%. Multi-lap tickets include food/drink credits to spend at the Eifeldorf Grune Holle restaurant opposite the Nurburgring Ring at Werk centre near the GP track. The restaurant at the Nordschleife uses credits that have to be loaded onto your card.
  • 1 lap €24
  • 4 laps €89 inc €10 food
  • 15 laps €310 inc €20 food
  • 25 laps €470 inc €30 food
  • Jahreskarte (see below) €1,350 inc €100 food

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
What are headlight converters?

I've got about 6 sets of bulbs for my car and a few first aid kits. I'll be taking a few tools, maybe a set of plugs as well.

Is there tuition at the ring? I've never been on the track before :p

To re direct our headlight aim, because we drive on the other side of the road we'd be dazzling the oncoming drivers haha !

So have to have headlight converters. Yes, I'd imagine there will be although i'm pretty sure it won't be cheap !

Volvo XC60 T8
Also don't bother with the headlight stickers unless you are planning on doing alot of driving at night.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Also don't bother with the headlight stickers unless you are planning on doing alot of driving at night.

I hope we don't do any night time driving or I'm getting lost :D

Are we getting walkie talkies? (real ones)

Qashcow
We drove nights and all sorts in Europe, don't think any of us fitted those headlight stickers in the end. Had them in the car though