ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Euro Road Trip

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
are there more shell stations over europe than here like? i'm going to take some petrol cans just to be on the safe side, or do you think we don't need them?

340i
are there more shell stations over europe than here like? i'm going to take some petrol cans just to be on the safe side, or do you think we don't need them?

Mate as long as you're sensible you wont need jerry cans... There is always a petrol station near by! You will be going down a large amount of motorways etc.

Just be sensible and don't keep driving past petrol stations with less than 1/4 of a tank, then you see the next one is 80Km away LOL!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i'm not fussed on CC, would like to have a car to see what it's like like

Starting to pack now like, washing car tomorrow :)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
lol aye aye :butt:

Gray you got any tips for the Nurbergring other than don't crash lol:race:

Meg 225
What exact date are you guys thinking of arriving at the nurburgring? I live in Holland, only 45 mins driving from there, maybe we could meet up over there?

340i
Gray you got any tips for the Nurbergring other than don't crash lol:race:

Just take it easy, you been on track before?

Check all fluids, tyre pressures, brakes etc. Just common sense!

Don't go chasing numbers.. But you have to do a sub 10min lap ;)

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Just take it easy, you been on track before?

Check all fluids, tyre pressures, brakes etc. Just common sense!

Don't go chasing numbers.. But you have to do a sub 10min lap ;)

What time should I aim for in my 1.6?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
be first time for me like. i'm hoping for sub 10. got std brakes too FTL couldnt afford this time round

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i've got brembo HC's but there not classed at performance there OE std, also i've got the racing blue fluid apart from that std

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I've got brembo HC front discs, DS 2500 pads all round and Toyo R1-R Tyres. The car handles superbly and the brakes are mustard. Just done 380 miles through lake district over the pennines to Northumberland and back to chester over north pennines and Hartside Pass both ways. Stunning roads and fairly quiet so able to stretch the legs on the car a fair bit.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.362220,-2.270796

Any news yet fella?

Yep, it's not good, well it is but it isn't ha.

The only days they are interviewing are Wed/Thurs/Friday, so I can pick my day ha! Soooo I'm gonna have bail on the trip, which is gutting :(

Hope you all have a wicked time, there's always next year for me!

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Yep, it's not good, well it is but it isn't ha.

The only days they are interviewing are Wed/Thurs/Friday, so I can pick my day ha! Soooo I'm gonna have bail on the trip, which is gutting :(

Hope you all have a wicked time, there's always next year for me!

Ah shite, could do half the trip?

Oh well good luck, we shall do another trip next year!

I was thinking about joining after, but I'd imagine it would take a lot of driving to meet up with all as you'll be way past France by Thursday!

Ive just spoken to the agency, and there is a possibility of doing an interview Tuesday am. I'm thinking mayyyyybe of coming over on the Wednesday on a 8am ferry if I can get the interview earlier. Dont't want to push my luck with it though!

Where are you guys going to be on the Wednesday? Means I miss two days, which isn't so much of a ball breaker as missing the majority of the trip.

Last edited:
Possibly lake geneve! I'll double check when im home from work.

Hahaha mission!

Let me know where you are on the Wednesday and the Tuesday night. I could smash a late afternoon early evening ferry on the Tuesday and tank it to wherever. Still need to find out if I can have the interview on Tuesday ha. I'm trying.

340i
LOL at driving to Geneva in one day... 700miles!

Although saying that we drove straight to Lac De Challin in 11hrs that was 700miles.

LOL at driving to Geneva in one day... 700miles!

Although saying that we drove straight to Lac De Challin in 11hrs that was 700miles.

Yer there's no chance of that I don't think. If they are somewhere closer Tuesday, then I'm game!

11 hours straight? Jeeeeez.

340i
Yer there's no chance of that I don't think. If they are somewhere closer Tuesday, then I'm game!

11 hours straight? Jeeeeez.

It's not bad really.... just have a break every few hours?! I drove all that way my self, set off at 5:45am from Derby, arrived at Lac De Challin in time for an evening meal ;)

Riiiiiiight I'm pulling off what I thought was going to be the impossible right now.

I have managed, well the job agency (somehow) to get me an interview on Monday. Happy days. I have my car booked in with Danny at 519 on Tuesday morning, was going to get it serviced when I got back, but cos I wasn't going I've got it booked in.

I'm going to plan on getting a 4pm ferry, arriving in Dunkirk (sp) at 5pm French time.

This is all dependant on where you're going to be on Tuesday night, let me know. :D