ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EVO 8 or 255 V6 !

As much as i love the v6, im gonna have to say the evo!!!!!

they both look awsome with serious modding pottential, but i can just see the evo being much more powerful in the long run!!!

Neither! get a E46 M3 instead nothing else comes close!

Spokes, tell him to go see Simon Norris then see who has a quick car!

i would probably go for the Evo, but think you would have to try out both cars, then im sure u would know which one u prefer! - justin!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by SOOTY on 18 May 2005
Mike - Thats one of the things that i dont really want is a high running cost, whats a service cost for a V6 and how often do you have to have one done?The other good thing about a V6 is that i wouldnt want to buy any wheels or anything for the V6 cause its already sexy, whereas if i got a Scooby or Evo i would be tempted to spend money on wheels, lowering blah blah blah.. im boring myself now!.

Stus post at the top of this page answers this pretty well. Running costs are like a 172 but with 10 mpg less. Tyres cost more but last much longer. Ditto brake pads.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Having owned 2 clio V6s i would say EVO 8 without a doubt - you will be very dissapointed in a clio V6.

Clio v6

Having owned 2 clio V6s I would say without a doubt, you will not be dissapointed in a clio V6.

:D

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Just out of interest are all Evos from 5 onwards very high running costs (petrol, servicing, repairs etc) or is it jus the newer models?
The Evo 6 is a fantastic looking car, very aggressive stance. However, for all out looks and rarity the V6 is stunning.

The Jinx

Funny to read how some people fall in to the "how fast does it go" camp and others in to the "how much fun is it to drive" camp.

ST

The evo all day as it wont fall to bits or rattle like the clio will (at the end of the day its still a renault clio). It may have a V6 but it doesnt mean its worthy of the over the top price tag they put on them IMHO.

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Swervin_Mervin on 19 May 2005
Funny to read how some people fall in to the "how fast does it go" camp and others in to the "how much fun is it to drive" camp.

Such a lot of camp in that post.

Funny b*****d ;)

The Jinx

Quote: Originally posted by James on 19 May 2005Quote: Originally posted by Swervin_Mervin on 19 May 2005Funny to read how some people fall in to the "how fast does it go" camp and others in to the "how much fun is it to drive" camp.

Such a lot of camp in that post.

Funny b*****d ;)

I take your funny b*****d and raise it to a double funny b*****d with a rib tickler thrown in.!;)

[Edited by Swervin_Mervin on 5/19/2005 2:48:14 PM]

Mark 1 Clio V6

I will throw my two pennies worth in.

I would have neither.

I would however have a 350Z over both. Insurance group 18 as well!!!!!!

350Zs are cack i must say, theres a lad here where i work got one, he took me out and let me drive and im not impressed. Hes selling his now cause he now sees the light.

Its good where i work cause all cars that people would want these guys have got. I work in a building of Software Developers and DBAs so theyve all got dosh, although im a software developer i also have a 2 bedroom house by myself which keeps me watching my money!. I speak to them about what the cars are like but they are nearly all old and drive them no more than 3,500 revs!!.

bealo , do you not understand Simon Norris car is a race car, the same as the 9ff porsche was purpose built to beat the mclarens world speed record.