ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo Car Of The Year Awards

Ziel Nurburgring

Surely if it was crap, magazines and people like clarkson would say its crap?

Its not like they are going to gain anything by saying its a great car if it isnt.

The RS range has been well received across the board

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

if they were bribing them with a ferrari i could understand......

A 14k hothatch,no

ian

can no one grow up?

Anyone who believieves printed press, first of all needs a head examination, secondly a full frontal labotamy.

Christ, people seem to think the most modest difference in cars perfomance makes a Porche beater.

GET REAL

MINI JCW

What a load of crap about renault bribing them

Evo like the 182 becuase there main criteria is fun when driving so the 182 gets massive reviews, if it was for refinement that something like the MCS would win

The 182 has had a good review by every motoring publication

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by blaze on 27 November 2004

can no one grow up?

Anyone who believieves printed press, first of all needs a head examination, secondly a full frontal labotamy.

Christ, people seem to think the most modest difference in cars perfomance makes a Porche beater.

GET REAL
lol... man on a mission.

BMW 120i Sport

Quote: Originally posted by ALLWOOD on 26 November 2004Umm cupra r yes, civic type r yes, focus rs yes, mini copper s much under rated yes, fiesta st although slower in a straight line looking to out handle most cars on a track (went round fords evaluation circuit quicker thand the focus rs). Dont get me wrong its a brilliant car for the money but no.2 just shows that evo is about as independant as a renault cars salesman.

b****cks, the exact press quote (As already mentioned it was the ST170) is:

Built on Fiestas best-in-class chassis, ST delivers an exhilarating performance around the track at Fords highly demanding European testing facility at Lommel, in fact Fiesta ST devoured the track in the same lap time as the more powerful Focus ST 170.

Hardly surprising as they both have a 0-60 of 7.9 secs

[Edited by Big G on 11/27/2004 10:46:34 PM]

BMW 120i Sport

Youll also find that the (selected) Top Gear lap times are as follows:

Mazda RX8 - 1.31.8
Focus RS - 1.32.2
Golf R32 - 1.33.2
Clio 182 - 1.33.8
Honda Civic Type-R - 1.36.5

The 182 plays with the big boys of the hot hatch world that cost £5k/£6k more than it.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

Quote: Originally posted by Big G on 27 November 2004

Youll also find that the (selected) Top Gear lap times are as follows:

Mazda RX8 - 1.31.8
Focus RS - 1.32.2
Golf R32 - 1.33.2
Clio 182 - 1.33.8
Honda Civic Type-R - 1.36.5

The 182 plays with the big boys of the hot hatch world that cost £5k/£6k more than it.

the only thing i will say to that is the ctr was driven by the old stig, who wasnt as good as the new one, bu your point is totally true anyway! and lets face it, the focus rs quaife diff is hardly rated on uk roads anyway as it pulls the car all over the place.

i wish people would just get into their head, evo have accounted perforamance and value in this, and not just performance. the hot hatches now are all very close, and frankly i think evos reports are normally very good, and enthusiast oriantated unlike peoples like what cars, whom prefer renault scenics.

[Edited by RobHardyUK on 28 November 2004 at 4:45pm]