ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo Magazine App

133/225/CLS AMG
Does anyone else use this app or have any problems with it?

I love the magazine and the fact that the app version is interactive I find really good. Really does look stunning on the iPad.

The trouble is that the issues are massive (800mb+) which wouldn't be a problem if the app didn't constantly pause the downloads. Even if you leave the app on but the screen goes into standby the download pauses. It only seems to download if you're in the app and the screen is on considering it seems to take an age to download (over an hour) it's a right pain in the ar$e.

Anyone find this or is it just me? I assume the reason it pauses the download if you go into another app is because the iOS doesn't multitask as such. Still a pain getting your magazines onto the device.

133/225/CLS AMG
I don't actually mind the interface to be honest, takes a little getting used to as there seems to be lots of bits and pieces you swipe or tap on but it's the pausing downloads that drive me mental.

I mean yeah, I can sit and read the last issue whilst downloading the latest one but it's annoying you cant leave it to download as it will just keep stopping.

dk

911 GTS Cab
had it for about 2 years now, not had any issues with it, but my BB is fast.

RB 182 (Cup Pack)
I tried it for a couple of issues, but soon went back to the magazine. I agree, downloading it is a right pain in the arse though.

133/225/CLS AMG
I think half the issue is my broadband speed isn't ideal but even still, it'd be nice to be able to leave it downloading.

Maybe I'll pop round my mums and borrow her neighbours BT infinity connection as he let us know the wi-fi password. Should be quicker than the pants 3mb connection at my place.

133/225/CLS AMG
Yeah I have to agree it does look stunning, visually one of the most impressive apps I've used.