ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

evo+ police bike+ isle of man= awesome vid!

Money pit
my uncle's on that forum, he used to have an evo 4 iirc, now got a vii. bloody quick they are!
must say the policemans lane discipline isn't amazing ;) and the shame of only just keeping up with a car. tut tut!

Evo 8 Jap Crap
He was really unlucky to get done for that theres no way they could of known his speed, the policebike just happened to be doing 100 to catch him in the 40mph zone.

Car was poorly in the video, he would of never caught up if the car was running right ;)

Steve is a great bloke had some brilliant chats with him at the mlr sprints. His current beast is up for sale

Swift Sport
my uncle's on that forum, he used to have an evo 4 iirc, now got a vii. bloody quick they are!
must say the policemans lane discipline isn't amazing ;) and the shame of only just keeping up with a car. tut tut!

Inclined to agree.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Nowt wrong with the riding of the copper.
He was doing 140mph in places.

Where some think he should have grown balls/ got faster bike, I think in reality he was being cautious/sensible. :)

Quite harsh IMO. He has slowed down drastically in the 40 zone, and not once did he do anything dangerous. Shifted though!

Lotus Elise
They are no speed limits on some IOM roads, however if the police see you doing much over 90mph they will plea for dangerous driving.

DCi 100
Seemed very in control tbh and like said backed straight off coming into the busy area. But f**k me at the thing just disappearing when the bike is going flat out at 130+!

Oil Burner
He was doing about a ton in a 40 at a point though (just as he braked it has to be said). I would imagine they have to be pretty harsh on the IOM where they can otherwise people would just go over there to drive like morons (im sure some do). Although this guy seemed to be making safe overtakes and not tailgating.

Im interested to know what issues people have with the bikers riding.

I dont know anything about bikes (or what bike he is riding), but its possible the biker didn't want to really give it some as he might just be seen to be encouraging him. And at the end of the day the rider might not fancy matching the speed of the car.

Some people in that thread are mental. Copper was pissed because he couldn't keep up. Followed him for too long. Entrapment. Lolz.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Some people in that thread are mental. Copper was pissed because he couldn't keep up. Followed him for too long. Entrapment. Lolz.

Plush one. Although there's no speed limit, iirc you can still be pulled for 'furious driving' or similar. I'd quite like that on my record in all honesty.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
bike rider was good. fast and safe. people saying his lane discipline was crap know nothing about roadcraft.

tbh, bloke is a fair cop. 100 in a 40 see ya later.

don't really know what the fuss is about. ddon't do the crime if you can't do the time.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing wrong at all with that copper's riding. As seb says above, roadcraft is a wonderful thing that's sorely misunderstood by the uneducated.

Evo driver did seem to abide by the rules most of the time, but entering a 40 limit at over a ton before even thinking of slowing down is a but stupid.

LOL at the thread though, someone could even make out the copper's angered expression, behind his visor in the reflection of the speedo apparently.

Is it only me that thinks the bike was plenty quick enough to stay in touch? I didn't see the Evo ripping away enough at any point to present the 5-0 with a problem.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
THe bike was nowhere near quick enough

Gixxer 1000's havnt managed to stay with steves old evo