ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exactly How Hard Is It To Do

Just been reading through the Haynes manual on how to open up and look at the head, so I can see wot damage was done when the cam belt snapped.

Spoke to Paul16v and he said its quite easy (hes probably done this ish loads of times knowing him), but after looking through the Haynes manual im not so sure on how easy it is.

Do u think ill be able to this considering ive never done anything like that before, or should I get a professional to do it?

Cheers
Ian

172 Cup

if it has got to come anyway it wont hurt you givving it a go as you cant drive the car anyway. give it a go first mate and if you get stuck ask on here for advise or just take it to a professional.

Paul

how you getting on?

only thing i would say is once its in bits its more difficult to move the car and leave its exposed also no one likes picking up other people work especialy when you come to reassemble something you didnt strip!

a mechanic shouldnt charge more then £100 just to whip off and look, the price from there on in can only be determined once done

Yeah BB want 100-150 quid.

You was sayin exactly wot i was thinking, I read through the manual and thought nah, id better let someone who knows what they are doin to do the work.

Im a bit strapped for cash at the mo, so the Willys probably gonna be sit on the drive for at least another month :(

No mate, just go for it, you wont lose anything, if its that bad/hard, you just put it back together - but you should be able to do it (and youve always got help from people on here :) )

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

yeah, give it a go mate, if its bust anyway u got nothing to loose as the heads got to come off as it is!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

if you fancy having a go, give me a buzz and can talk you through the basics on the phone if its any help

Andy

GDI

07010 716 440

Just did mine mate - the haynes manual does make it look like a real arse to do but it really isnt that hard - i hadnt ever done anything like it either but managed it and now have a new head etc! Seriously go for it like everyone says - its worth the effort! One garge wanted to charge me a grand to take the head off and repair the damage - gits!