ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excel / Powerpoint prob for IT wiz!

E92 330
Just a quicky ....

I have a power point presentation, on a few of the slides i want to insert a chart made on excel, i want to insert it in such a way that when ever i update the info on excel this will automatically update the powerpoint slide.

Any one know how to do this?

Partner's Astra SRi
Using Office 2007 you can just copy the chart from Excel and paste it into PowerPoint and it will continue to be updated.

However, it has been so long since I've used Office 2003 or before, I can't remember if you can do it.

Partner's Astra SRi
Ah here you go:

1. Select the data or chart you want to copy.
  2. Click Copy
    default.aspx
  3. Switch to Microsoft Word or Microsoft PowerPoint.
  4. Click in the document or presentation where you want to put the Microsoft Excel data or chart, and do one of the following:
On the Edit menu, click Paste Special, and then do one of the following: To paste the chart as a chart, so that when you double-click the chart in the presentation you can use Excel to edit it, click Microsoft Excel Chart Object.

To paste a link to the Excel chart, so that the chart in the presentation is updated whenever you change the chart in the original Excel workbook, click Paste link, and then click Microsoft Excel Chart Object.

To paste a bitmap picture of the chart, click Picture.